Peter Kenyon from Bank of I.D.E.A.S. lists actions by local Governments in the Perth Metropolitan area below.
Perth local governments; including –
- COVID-19 call centres
- Welfare check on all 65+ residents
- Seconding staff to local community organisations to assist with actions like food delivery to vulnerable residents
- One-on-one business welfare checks and consultations
- Acceleration of major construction and ‘shovel ready’ works projects to enable local job creation
- Library book delivery services
- Planning for reactivation of public spaces and CBD areas
- Slashing service and parking charges for businesses
- Rent relief
- Financial grant support payments to local organisations.
To read further about the actions by local Governments in Perth click here: from-pay-cuts-to-care-packages-what-councils-across-perth-are-doing-for-you